BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATION, (C05)
DCM-IV SEMESTER EXAMINATION
DATA STRUCTURES THROUGH C
TIME: 3 HOURS TOTAL MARKS: 100
PART-A 10*4=40Instruction: (1) answer all questions. Each question carries four marks.
(2) Answer should be brief and straight to the point and shall not exceed five simple sentences.
1. List the advantages of Linked list.
2. Define Stack. Give example.
3. Write the operations of Queue.
4. What is Tree structure
5. List the tree Traversal techniques.
6. What are different representations of Tree in memory
7. What is Sparse Matrix ? Give example.
8. List various methods of Sorting
9. What is Bubble sort?
10. What is Sequential search? Give example.
Instruction: (1) answer any five questions, Each question carries twelve marks.
(2) The answers should be comprehensive and the criteria for valuation is the content but not the length of the answer.
11. (a) write a c program for to reverse a single Linked List.
(b) Explain inserting an element in Doubly Linked list.
12. (a)Explain the operations of Stack.(4 marks) (b)Write an algorithm for conversion of Infix to Postfix Expression with an example. (8 marks)
13. (b) Explain with a program for insertion and deletion operations of Circular Queue.
14. Write a c program for Creation and Searching an element in binary Tree.
15. Explain how to construct a tree for given Inorder and Preorder traversals with example.
16. (a) Explain binary Search sort. (b) Explain the Operations that can be performed on a Binary Tree for Integers.
17. (a) Explain time and Space complexities of the Sorting techniques. (b) Explain the principle of Quick sort.
18. (a) Explain the Classification of Data Structures. (4 marks) . (b)Write a C program for Binary Search. (8 marks).