BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATION, (C-09)
DCME III SEMESTER EXAMINATION
DATA STRUCTURES THROUGH C
Time : 3 Hours] [Total Marks: 80
PART-A 10*3=30Instructions: (1) Answer all questions and each question caries four marks. (2) Answers should be brief and straight to t the point and shall not exceed five simple sentences.
1. Define and classify the data structure
2. What is time and space complexity
3. List the advantages and disadvantages of linked list.
4. List applications of queue.
5. What is a single linked circular list
6. Differentiate between arrays and linked list
7. List operations on binary tree
8. Define a tree structure with example
9. What is the principle of selection sort
10. What is searching and what are the methods of searching
Instructions: (1) Answer any five questions and each question caries twelve marks. (2) The Answers should be comprehensive and criteria for valuation is the Content but not the length of the answer.
11. Explain how to perform insertion and deletion operation on a single linked list
12. Explain how to crate a single linked list with the help of an algorithm.
13. What is a stack and write a c program to implement stack using arrays
14. (a) explain the operation of stack and queue. (b) explain how to covert the given infix expression to postfix expression X*Y/Z+(X+Y)
15. Explain how to construct a tree for given in order, post order traversals. In order: D B E A C Post Order: D E B C A
16. Write an algorithm and a c program to create and display binary tree.
17. (a) write a c program for bubble sort. (b) explain the working of quick sort and write algorithm.
18. (a) what is time and space complexing for merge sort? (b) write an algorithm for linear search.