BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATION, (C-09)
D.C.M.E - III SEMISTER EXAMINATION
DATA STRUCTURE THROUGH C
TIME: 3 Hours] [Total Marks :80]
PART - A 10*3=30
Instruction: (1) answer all question and each question
carries THREE marks(2) answer should be brief and straight to the point and shall not exceed five simple sentences
1. Define data structures and classify them.
2. Explain about non linear data structures.
3. Explain about dummy header.
4. Explain briefly about stack.
5. List the applications of a queue.
6. List advantages of sparse matrix over ordinary matrix.
7. Difine binary search tree.
8. List applications of tree
9. Write the method of Bubble sort.
10. Differentiate between linear and binary search.
PART- B 5*10=60
Instructions: (1) Answer any five questions and each question carries ten marks. (2) The answers should be comprehensive and the criteria for valuation is the content but not the length of the answer.
11. (a) explain about various operations on singly linked list. (b) write an algorithm for minimum element in singly linked list.
12. (a) write an algorithm to create a singly circular linked list. (b) write a program to create a doubly linked list.
13. (a) write a program to implement queue operations. (b) write a program to create sparse matrix and its transpose.
14. (a) convert the given infix expression to postfix ( A + B ) * ( C - D ) / E * F + G – H (b) write an algorithm to evaluate a postfix expression.
15. (a) explain about the operations on binary tree. (b) write the preorder traversal for the given binary tree.
16. Construct binary tree given inorder and postorder traversals. Inorder: DGBAHEICF POSTORDER: GDBHIEFCA
17. (a) write a algorithm to implement insertion sort and mention its time complexity. (b) write a program to implement selection sort.
18. (a) explain with an example about quick sort. (b) write a program to implement linear search.