BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATION, (C09)
DCM-III SEMESTER EXAMINATION
DATA STRUCTURES THROUGH C
TIME: 3 HOURS TOTAL MARKS:80
Instruction: (1) answer all questions.
(2) Each question carries three marks.
1. What is time and space complexity?
2. what is Linear data structure and give examples?
3. What is linked list?
4. List applications of STACK
5. What is a double linked circular list?
6. Differentiate between queues and stacks.
7. Define a tree structure with example.
8. List operations on binary tree.
9. What is the principle of bubble sort?
10. Differentiate between linear and binary searching.
Instruction: (1) answer any five questions.
(2) Each question carries ten marks.
11) Explain how to create a single linked list with the help of an algorithm.
12) Explain how to perform insertion and deletion operation on a double linked list.
13) What is a queue and write a c program to implement queue using arrays?
14) (a) explain the operation of stack. (b) explain how to convert the given infix expression to postfix expression A*B+(C/D)
15) Explain how to construct a tree for given in order, preorder traversals. In order : Z,A,Q,P,Y,X,C,B Pre order: Q,A,Z,Y,P,C,X,B
16) Write preorder, post order, in order traversals for the following tree.
17) (a) write a c program for selection sort. (b)What is time and space complexing for merge sort?
18) (a) explain the working of quick sort and write algorithm. (b) write an algorithm for binary search.