BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATION, (C09)
DCM-III SEMESTER EXAMINATION
DATA STRUCTURES THROUGH C
TIME: 3 HOURS TOTAL MARKS:80
Instruction: (1) answer all questions.
(2) Each question carries three marks.
1. Differentiate between arrays and linked list.
2. What are the applications of stack?
3. What is a circular queue? Explain it briefly.
4. Define the following terms related to tree: (a) root (b)leaf (c)subtree (d)degree of a node.
5. Define the tree structure with example.
6. Represent the following tree in array form.
7. Write the various tree traversal techniques.
8. What is time and space complexity in sorting?
9. Explain the principle of bubble sort.
10. Compare linear search and binary search.
Instruction: (1) answer any five questions.
(2) Each question carries ten marks.
11. Write a C function to insert and delete elements in a doubly linked list.
12. Expain how to convert the following infix expression to postfix form and write all rules. (A + B * C)/(D+ E).
13. Write a C program to implement queues using arrays.
(a) write preorder, inorder and postorder traversals of tree given below
(b) Explain about binary search sort.
15(a) Construct a tree given inorder and preorder
Preorder : DBEAFCG
Inorder : ABDECFG
16. write functions in C to create and display binary tree.
17. Explain about quick sort with an example and write algorithm.
18. (a) Write an algorithm form binary search.
(b) Define data structures and classify them