BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATION, (C09)
DCM-III SEMESTER EXAMINATION
DATA STRUCTURES THROUGH C
Instruction: (1) answer all questions.
(2) Each question carries three marks.
1. Define data structures and classify them.
2. Explain about linear data structures.
3. Differentiate between arrays and linked lists.
4. Explain briefly about queue.
5. List different types of representing an expression.
6. List applications of stack.
7. Define the terms : tree, binary tree, complete binary tree.
8. List applications of tree.
9. List various sorting techniques.
10. Explain the method of linear search.
Instruction: (1) answer any five questions.
(2) Each question carries ten marks.
11. (a) write an algorithm to create singly linked list. (b) write a program to search a given element in singly linked list.
12. explain about the operations of doubly linked list.
13. (a) write a n algorithm to implement stack operations. (b) write a program to create sparse matrix for the given matrix.
14. (a) Convert the given infix expression to postfix A + B * C-D/ E * F+ G . (b)Write an algorithm to convert a given infix expression to postfix.
(a) Write an algorithm to create a binary tree. (b) write the inorder traversal for the given binary tree:
16. Construct binary tree given inorder and preorder traversals: Preorder : ABDGCEHIF
Inorder : DGBAHEICF
17 (a) Write an algorithm to implement bubble sort and mention its time complexity. (b) Write a program to implement quick sort.
18. (a) Explain with an example about merge sort.
(b) write a program to implement binary search.